Friday, January 25, 2013

In the Beginning...

I know. I'm adorable.
With the many adventures ahead of us, I thought I'd keep note of some of them. Maybe other four legged friends can live vicariously through me, or maybe inspire humans too.

So how did my scribe and I come to be?

She had initially seen another puppy that excited her to be ready for another dog. She messaged my first mom about the puppy, but she was spoken for. Apparently, I'm too small for the show ring - whatever that means - so I was in need of a good home. My daddy is a national champion in the Aussie show world, and I have to admit, he's the man. My first mom was sad to see me leave, but in the end, I had found my girl.

First ride without a crate. A bit scary - thank God for her!
I met her after spending a month with two new Aussies, Pirate and Kiah. Pi is like my brother from another mother. He's legit! We played constantly. I miss him. Kiah, she's like a crazy bitch with menopause (well, maybe just old and grumpy) - she's insane. Sometimes she'd play and other times she'd get on my case, so I stuck with Pi.

So, I like toys. Big deal.
The first time I met Britni was when she came to Pi's house for a glitter, light-filled fest. They call it Christmas - I call it play time with little humans, lots of extra toys and new furry friends. Pi went bazerk when he saw her! What the heck, dude? But, if that human was one of his favorites, she was going to be my favorite too. I quickly learned she was quite the human and followed her around the house whenever she'd leave a room. She knew my weakness: my armpits. Woah baby - scratch me there and I melt.

HOMEWARD BOUND!
After Britni got back to the desert from her travels, I flew on a plane. First of all, I'm a people dog. I do not like being away from my people. Secondly, loud noises are so not cool. So, needless to say, I freaking HATED it. I was skeptical of everyone, even Britni, until she started talking to me. When I heard her, I knew I was OK and was beside myself to have a familiar sound in my ears. I licked her face until it was raw (I'm sure of it), and was excited to be on solid ground - until she made me get in a car...

No comments:

Post a Comment